Dr. Mary "May" Larry, Ph.D. Consulting
Dr. Mary “May” Larry, Ph.D.
Dr. Mary ‘May’ Larry, Ph.D., is a business professional and is well-versed in her knowledge of policy and procedures. She is the Vice-President of the Business & Professional Women’s Federation of C.O.G.I.C. Worldwide, and President of the Illinois Midwest Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction Business & Professional Women’s Federation.
Mary's family, ‘The Larry's,’ have been residents of Maywood for 48-years. Mary, her three sisters and two brothers were raised in a single-family home by their parents, Rev. Tommie Larry, Sr., and Catherine Ann Larry, in Maywood, Illinois. As a general laborer, Mary's parents instilled in them the values of hard work, discipline, and personal responsibility. By age 15, Mary was already the Assistant Secretary to the Executive Secretary for the Maywood Mayor, her first official job. During high school, she volunteered at Cook County Jail, Chicago, IL, twice a month, speaking to inmates and conducting worship services.
Along with over 25-years’ experience in the business industry, Mary’s life has been centered on helping struggling teenagers overcome obstacles. Mary attended Emerson Elementary School (Maywood, IL.) and was also the president of the prayer group at Proviso East High School, (Maywood, IL.) from which she graduated in the class of ‘81. An avid traveler, Mary has extensively visited four continents and forty of the fifty states of the United States of America. Mary has one son, her ‘Magnificent Angel,’ her greatest legacy and delight, Nathan, who is a graduate of Columbia University, Chicago.
Dr. Larry is an Educator, Business Professional, Village of Maywood Formal Liquor Commissioner, An Administrator, A Community Organizer, and her accomplishments include:
* Former Director of a non-profit program that works with at-risk community youths to inspire them to make positive life choices.
* Founding a Boys School Group Home.
* Authoring, ‘Outreach, Saving Our Youth’, a book on effective Christian witnessing.
* Grant-Writer, Program Director under the late Presiding Bishop’s L.H. Ford and C.D. Owens of the Church of God in Christ, Inc.
* Board Memberships and Civic Affiliations include Nate Comic Inc.
* NAACP, Lifetime Member.
* The Order of the Eastern Star, Masonic Lodge.
* Proviso Township Democratic Party (PTDO) member
* PTMAN (Proviso Township Ministerial Alliance Network
* Maywood Chamber of Commerce.
* The Neighbors of Maywood, IL Community Organization (NoMCO).
Mary presently resides in the Village of Maywood and is a proud member of Miracle Revival Cathedral Church of God in Christ, located in Maywood. MRC was founded by Willie J. Chambliss and is currently pastored by Elder Deondre Patterson. COGIC is the largest Pentecostal Church and the fourth largest Christian Church in the United States. The COGIC denomination reports having over five million members in the United States.
With the backing of a team of accomplishment and experience, Dr. Larry will further advance in the implementation of The First Hundred Days plan to revitalize the Village of Maywood.